Earn College Credit For Prior Learning Nationwide With Nocti Business Solutions
Real life imparts measurable skills and experiential knowledge. Nocti Business Solutions offers students a new way to transform that acquired knowledge into transferable college credits by earning Credit for Prior Learning.
What Is Credit for Prior Learning?
Students can earn academic credit for demonstrating college-level knowledge and competencies outside of the postsecondary education. At Nocti Business Solutions (NBS), we collaborated with the National College Credit Recommendation Service (NCCRS) to have our entry level battery of assessments reviewed and recommended for college credit. NCCRS utilized expert input from professors and industry leaders in their respective fields to review each assessment to determine its rigor. Our PLAs can evaluate the learning and knowledge that you have acquired through previous experience outside of academic settings and determine your eligibility for credit recommendations. NBS PLAs can also save you time and money by allowing you to replace a course with an assessment. It is recommended that you ensure from your academic advisor and registrar’s office that the PLA will be accepted prior to registering.
Our Process for Prior Learning Assessments
- Step 1: View the list of NBS PLAs that have been recommended for college credit. By clicking on a PLA title, you can examine the blueprint for that assessment containing the competencies covered on that assessment.
- Step 2: View the list of 1500+ colleges and universities that recognize NCCRS.
- Step 3: If your school appears on the list, visit with your academic advisor to ensure your degree program will grant credit. If your college or university does not appear on the list, print the assessment blueprint to present to your school officials when inquiring about acceptance of college credit recommendations.
- Step 4: View information about finding an NBS Assessment Center and determine where you will take the NBS PLA.
- Step 5: Take and pass any NBS PLA with a score of 70% or higher and receive a report with the results that you can then present to your school to receive from one to six hours of credit for prior learning, depending on the PLA.
The cost per NBS PLA is $150.00, not including official transcript fees.
When you are ready to order your Nocti Business Solutions Prior Learning Assessment, click the “Register for a Test” button below.