Specific Competencies and Skills Tested in this Assessment:
Administration Time: 3 hours
Number of Questions: 179
7% General Trade Information
9% Basic Principles of Electricity
30% Reading Diagrams and Calculations
9% Motors and Generators
25% Wiring – Controls
The safe use of extension ladders requires that the bottom part is no more than __________ of the length of the ladder away from the wall.
The term “dielectric strength” would properly be used when discussing which of the groups of items below?
- brass, aluminum, copper, zinc
- gold, silver, platinum, German silver
- electrons, protons, neutrons
- mica, rubber, glass, wax
Calculate the voltage drop which would occur in 300 feet of two-wire, #6 aluminum feeder (600 feet total), supplying 35 amps to a pure resistive, 240 volt, single-phase load?
The term “accessible” as applied to wiring methods in relation to Code means
- within direct eyesight
- capable of being exposed by the use of hinges
- capable of being exposed or removed without damage to the building or structure
- capable of being reached without the use of a ladder
Standard fluorescent tubes are designated by a code consisting of a series of numbers and letters. What would be the diameter of a tube with the coding F40T12CW?
- 3/4 inch
- 1 inch
- 1-1/4 inches
- 1-1/2 inches