Specific Competencies and Skills Tested in this Assessment:
Administration Time: 3 hours
Number of Questions: 100
12% Mechanical Aptitude
20% Dairy Equipment
5% Power Generating Systems
5% Operating Shop Equipment
34% General Knowledge
Leaks in the hydraulic cylinders of forklifts may cause
- the lift chains to wear unevenly
- the mast sections to knock and bump as the mast extends
- the load to settle and the mast to creep
- the forks to slide together
Which of the following conductors is not normally used in fluid power systems?
- plastic tubing
- steel tubing
- copper tubing
- none of the above
In regard to gas-welding aluminum, with which of the following would you disagree?
- Considerable heat is absorbed before it reaches welding temperature.
- The job will collapse if it gets too hot.
- Both joint and rod are coated with flux.
- A change of color will signify welding heat.
The primary piece of safety equipment in the machine shop is
- safety shoes
- safety glasses
- arm bands
All pipe or tubing, when used underground for water service and when installed outside of the residence, shall have a minimum working pressure of
- 25 psi
- 30 psi
- 40 psi
- 60 psi