Specific Competencies and Skills Tested in this Assessment:
Administration Time: 3 hours
Number of Questions: 190
17% Basic Theory
15% D.C. Circuits/Calculations
12% A.C. Circuits/Calculations
14% D.C. Machines
13% A.C. Machines/Polyphase Circuits
15% N.E.C. Code
9% Motor Control/Symbols
5% Motor Controls
Concerning transformers in general, which statement is true?
- The secondary is the low voltage winding.
- The primary is the high voltage winding.
- The primary is connected to the load.
- The secondary is connected to the load.
When using a 3 wire control circuit to control a magnetic motor starter, the part that will open the control circuit when an overload occurs is/are the
- motor starter auxiliary contact
- motor starter power contacts
- overload relay heater element
- overload relay switch
A _____ _____ location is a location in which ignitable concentrations of flammable gases can exist under normal operating conditions.
- Class I, Division I
- Class I, Division II
- Class II, Division I
- Class II, Division II
Which of the following aids in releasing the armature of a relay when voltage is disconnected?
- magnet assembly
- air gap
- shading coil
- bell crank
A single receptacle is to be attached to a 20 amp branch circuit. The receptacle can be sized
- 20 amps only
- 15 amps only
- either 15 or 20 amps
- depends on the voltage used